AFE Suggested Packing List
Packing, Weather and
Sustainable, Budget Friendly Clothing.
As most of us know, global weather patterns around the world are changing. Tropical Thailand can be icy cold during winter months and Kenya can be unexpectedly wet (or dry) the best advice is to expect the unexpected and dress in layers. Your sunrise game drive may start out chilly and damp and by noon you'll be hot.
You don't need to spend a fortune getting the latest quick dry, super expensive, adventure store clothing. One way to make your trip more sustainable is to head on over to your local thrift or second hand store.
Safari vests, zip up cargo pants, long sleeve shirts are just a few of the items you can find. Second hand clothing is a great way save money!
AFE TIP #1
REMEMBER TO BRING ONE SET OF CLOTHING IN YOUR CARRY ON! IF YOUR LUGGAGE IS DELAYED A CHANGE OF CLOTHES KEEPS YOU FEELING GREAT!
1) Sturdy and comfortable hiking shoes with good treads for sticking to uneven pavement (waterproof preferred)
2) Hiking sandals with good treads, easy to take on/off for game drives/temples
3) A wide brim hat that covers your ears with a chin strap.
4) Camera: Plenty of memory, back up batteries- a good digital zoom preferred
5) Charging cords for all electronics
6) Electronic converters (varies by destination) and adapters
7) Thick, long pants for hiking (cargo pants, zippered, khaki) jeans are not recommended
8) Shorts or capris for warmer weather
9) Several lightweight, long sleeve shirts and pants for dawn/dusk (4)
10) Mosquito repellent
11) Comfortable, casual clothes for relaxing at resorts/lodges
12) Pullover, fleece or thermals for early morning game drives/outdoor meals.
14) Rain poncho or lightweight rain jacket.
15) Bathing suit
18) Several pairs of good hiking socks
19) Flashlight (Kenya)
20) Anti malarial medication
21) Lightweight scarf for visiting temples (Thailand)
22) All prescription medications/supplements you take on a regular basis
23) Passports and VISA documentation
24) Binoculars (Kenya)
25) Flip flops for hotel rooms (optional)
26) Sunglasses and lip balm with sunscreen
27) Toiletries and personal grooming items. (please note, hair dryers are not allowed to be used in campgrounds or sanctuaries where they are on solar).
28) Quart sized- zip lock bags
29) Natural-wet wipes (no bleach)
30) Your sense of fun humor and taste for adventure!
Introducing the AFE
Perfectly Packable Wide Brim Safari Hat!
Zipping along in a Chiang Mai tuk tuk or zooming along on safari, our hats keep you covered!
Adjustable, packable, ventilated and affordable!
Order yours today! Only $32USD with free shipping- anywhere!